Software Engineer DO-178
PINE BROOK NJ
Temp to Perm
MUST BE US CITIZEN and Vaccinated
a global avionics motion control and navigation supplier, is a leader in the design and manufacture of precision motion control products and inertial control components. Our inertial guidance and navigation systems control military and commercial aircraft, military land vehicles, missiles, marine applications, satellites, and space instruments.
The Senior Software Engineer (DO-178) position is responsible for the implementation and testing of embedded control software to be used within companies next generation of guidance and navigation products. This includes the development of flight software compliant with DO-178 and related standards. Responsibilities include participation in requirements definition, software design and implementation compliant with DO-178 and related standards, peer review, software test and validation, and generation of supporting documentation.
Minimum required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong development skills with the C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with DO-178C software certification process
- 5+ years of embedded or control systems programming
- 10+ years Engineering experience
- Experience with debugging strategies for embedded systems including emulators and logic analyzers
- Ability to collaborate with a team of engineers and support staff in a laboratory setting
- Strong engineering writing and documentation skills
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience with additional programming languages such as Python. Ada knowledge a plus.
- Real time application design experience
- Model based software development using tools such as SCADE, Simulink, MATLAB
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and digital signal processors
- Ability to interpret electronics schematics
- Experience with inertial navigation concepts
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by date of hire and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran/ Disability
Pine Brook, New Jersey, United States