Mechanical Engineer II
The successful candidate for this position is a dynamic individual who will be directly involved in the mechanical design and development of RF/microwave filter and amplifier products for our wireless industry product line. This consists of all aspects of product development, including design, fabrication, test, documentation, and production support. In addition, the candidate will be asked to investigate and develop new technologies, processes, techniques, etc, in an effort to increase our technical strength and provide us with a market advantage. This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and collaborates with other departments including sales, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Filter and amplifier product development, including creating solid models, detailing drawings, BOMs, and assembly procedures.
- Assist in design verification testing as needed.
- Design and conduct lab experiments to support new product development programs.
- Interact with company engineers, technicians, suppliers, production, and management.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering minimum
- 5 years of experience minimum
- Knowledge of machine shop practices
- 3D CAD modelling using Solidworks
- Able to apply ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Able to perform tolerance stack up analyses
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques
- Material science
- Thermal analysis and design
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on priorities is a must.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated and results oriented.