6 Months to Perm
Must be US Citizen
Our client is seeking a Designer to assist with the development in our Davenport, Iowa facility. This is a temporary position expected to last approximately 6 months-possible perm as well
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- With general supervision designs components, systems, and equipment, (mechanical or electrical) using 3D modeling CAD software.
- Creates drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Selects hardware and other standard components for new designs.
- Assigns tolerance of specific parts per prescribed standards.
- Participates in design review as necessary.
- May write engineering change orders to improve designs.
- May convert other drawing formats in Pro-E or AutoCAD software format.
- Researches parts and components to ensure accuracy.
- Designs products using Tolerance Analysis software.
- Uses computer to accomplish responsibilities.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Associates degree in Mechanical engineering field.
- 2+ years 3D solid modeling experience.
- Proficient in the use of Pro-E (knowledge of Pro-Cable a plus)
- Experience with ASME Y14.5M – Knowledgeable in the application and interpretation of Y14.5M
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Excellent computer system skills (Windows OS).
- Ability to design complex mechanical devices.
- Knowledge in configuration management.
- Experience or thorough knowledge in Product Data Management (PDM).
Job Status: Full Time