We are looking for an Instrument Engineer to join our team. We support innovative sectors of economy and have a niche market position helping to scale new technologies. We are looking for someone with 5 to 10 years of experience in instrument specification and purchasing.
The Instrument Engineer will work closely with fellow team members and support project execution by coordinating with clients, internal engineering team, internal resources, external vendors, contractors in a fast moving environment. This is a great opportunity to work closely with a team of talented, high caliber engineers helping to bring new technology to market.
We need an engineer with hands on experience who is able to effectively manage their time and complete tasks on their own. The successful candidate should be comfortable with shifting priorities and comfortable with challenging deadlines, as well as managing the activities of several concurrent projects.
Required Job Tasks:
- Work with the Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to understand client requirements and the overall controls strategy.
- Support development and input into evolution of technical drawings e.g.:
- Instrument location plans
- Loop diagrams
- Network architectures
- Panel layouts and schematics
- Data management of instruments including instrument lists based on P+ID data.
- Troubleshoot and perform service work for malfunctioning control systems and instruments
- Generate bid specifications for instruments
- Evaluate vendor bid packages.
- Manage instrumentation procurement and budget.
- Jobsite inspections and walkthroughs. Good communication skills with clients, contractors, and co-workers is a must.
- Respond to contractor/site questions
- Commission and start up each instrument and fill out all checkout paperwork
- Conduct commissioning activities:
- Greenlines of construction P+IDS
- Commissioning devices and complete checkout sheets
We offer an excellent working environment and strong benefits package. Some regional travel during project start-up is required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $90,000 to $120,000/year
$90000 to $120000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time