Instrument & Controls Engineer
Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join our team. We support innovative sectors of economy and have a niche market position helping to scale new technologies. We are looking for someone with a solid chemical, electrical or computer engineering background and 5 to 10 years of relevant process automation experience.
The successful candidate will act as a project lead supervising, and contributing to, all aspects of controls system design, instrument specification, programming, purchasing, installation and start-up. You will work closely with fellow team members to create and deliver a successful project.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, electrical or computer engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process automation.
- The ability to deal with challenges thrown up by complex engineering projects and have the people and time management skills to overcome them.
- The practical knowledge of design and requirements engineering from a systems and process model based viewpoint; an understanding of the relation between system design and system architecture.
- The ability to understand the concepts and state-of-the-art technology on a range of manufacturing techniques employed by manufacturing engineering clients across a number of sectors from Battery to life science.
- Ability to perform as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining project commitments.
- Solid written, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret P&ID’s, electrical schematics, loop drawings and general equipment arrangement drawings.
- Understanding of DCS/PLC physical layer and control hardware
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products. (Excel, Word, Access, Project
Required Job Tasks:
- Project lead with oversight of all Controls and Instrumentation components.
- Creation of overall system design based on client requirements.
- Specification of control system equipment and materials.
- Instrumentation specification support.
- Review control panel design.
- Generate scopes of work and procure vendor bids for assigned projects or proposals.
- Review vendor submittals for compliance with project requirements and specifications.
- Lead and/or execute pre-FAT/FAT on OEM or customer supplied equipment.
- Lead and/or execute site startup activities (loop checks/commissioning).
- Generate and manage loop check/commissioning documentation.
- Generate and manage project punch lists to completion.
- Troubleshoot traditional analog and discrete signals as well as other communication types (HART, , Profibus, DeviceNet, AS-I, Ethernet I/P, Modbus).
- Use a multimeter to support control loop testing and/or troubleshooting of wiring and connectivity issues.
- Utilize DCS/PLC platform software to support troubleshooting
- Enforce quality control.
- DCS/PLC programming preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of hazardous area and intrinsic safety design
We offer an excellent work environment combined with a strong benefits package. Some regional travel required during project start up phase.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $100,000 to $130,000/year
$100000 to $130000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time