- Collaborate with Hardware, Design, Marketing, and as you design, develop and unit test embedded software
- Convert marketing and system requirements into firmware and software requirements as you author technical specifications.
- Create, and execute unit test and board level integration test plans.
- Participate in, and support hardware development teams during, board design, bring-up, debug and certification.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal/external partners through design, definition, development, and prototype phases.
- R&D: Assist with technical feasibility studies and create demonstrable PoCs
Skills & Experience:
- Embedded C development experience with Cortex-M based ARM processors.
- Experience with multi-threaded embedded development
- Experience with embedded Operating Systems, preferably FreeRTOS, Linux, Zephyr or Mynewt.
- Firmware debug and development experience using IDEs such as Eclipse, CCS and Keil.
- Experience using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and protocol sniffers.
- Working with electrical engineers to bring up and verify PCBAs.
- Basic knowledge of hardware design, schematic capture and layout.
- Experience interfacing and creating drivers for peripherals interfaced over I2C, SPI and UART.
- Experience working with cross-discipline stakeholders to generate firmware requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal communication
- Bluetooth Low Energy development experience, knowledge of GATT profile and L2CAP.
- Experience with wireless communication protocols such as 6LoWPan, MQTT and CoAP.
- Embedded Linux: Kernel drivers, Yocto, RT-patch, POSIX threading, profling.
- Android AOSP development: Device Drivers, NDK, Android Security
- Secure boot: HAB, TPM
- Crazy Raspberry Pie/Adafruit/Neopixel prototyping skills!
- Other programming languages JAVA, C#
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in consumer or business technology electronic products and applications development (focus to include mobile, network, cloud or embedded)
- Experience working with third-party developers preferred