Embedded Software Engineer
Our Client is looking for a contract Embedded Software Engineer to join our agile product development team. The term of the contract is 12 to 18 months for the right candidate.
This position is part of a multi-discipline product development team, including other embedded software engineers, project management and a test team.
We’re developing a system made up of multiple devices. Responsibilities include understanding system architecture, requirements and use cases. Once a solid level of understanding is achieved, you’ll:
- Design and review your software plan with the other embedded software engineers
- Construct your software
- Test your software locally
- Document how your software operates in the system, including limits
- Commit your software to our configuration management system
- Work with the software test team to make sure proper test coverage of your software is achieved
- BSCS/BSEE/BSCE or related field with at least 3 years of in-depth embedded product development experience
- Experience developing embedded software using C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to decompose big problems into smaller minimally-dependent tasks
- Ability to understand schematics
- Experience with an embedded RTOS (threads, queues, semaphore, etc..)
- Experience using a J-Tag debugger
- Experience with software versioning software (SVN, GIT or other)
- Experience with various protocols (UDP, HTTP, CoAP, MQTT) is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth BLE and/or Bluetooth Mesh is a plus.
- Experience with Renesas Synergy MCU family is a plus
Job Status: Full Time