Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with both R&D and SUSTAINIING Teams – working on R&D prototypes AND production systems.
- Reviews project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketch for documentation completion.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified components or assemblies for products.
- Sets up and conducts tests of components, sub-assemblies, and complete units under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Ensures drafting, test, and design work conforms to processes which support the quality standards established for all methods and products.
- Write and/or performs verification plans for sub-assemblies and complete units.
- Designs and builds test fixtures for sub-assemblies and complete units.
- Including PCB rework - soldering, basic debug.
- Electrical testing of x-ray high voltage generator sub-systems.
- Manages designated workspace (Lab).
- Ensures lab equipment calibration is maintained.
- The ability to read and decipher drawings and work instructions
- Ability to use basic machine tools, soldering of electrical assemblies, work from schematics and rough sketches.
- Able to follow verification test procedures and report data.
- Able to verify PCB/circuit functionality against documented requirement specifications.
- Experience working on electro-mechanical mechanism, and PCBs troubleshooting down to component level.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of general electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, Volt/Current meters)
- Basic computer operating skills and familiarity with Office tools is a must.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate on progress and report on findings.
- Ideal candidate will be as comfortable with an oscilloscope as well as a screwdriver or crimping tool.
- High Voltage experience preferred – meticulous attention to safety procedures a must.
- Experience with system level electro-mechanical integration and testing is a must.
- Must have the ability to manage and meet schedule commitments, and possess good troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail, strong documentation and record keeping skills required.
- Two-year technical (Engineering/Technology) degree preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years technician experience.
- Intermediate level 3D CAD design skills, SolidWorks preferred