Compnent Packaging Engineer
Temp to Perm
Pine Brook NJ
US Citizen and Vaccinated
a global avionics motion control and navigation supplier, is a leader in the design and manufacture of precision motion control products and inertial control components. Our inertial guidance and navigation systems control military and commercial aircraft, military land vehicles, missiles, marine applications, satellites, and space instruments.
The Components Engineer is responsible for leading the packaging design and components management of electronics projects for use in the aerospace and defense markets. The position requires extensive understanding of the electromagnetic behavior and optimization of these devices. The position requires a solid understanding of circuit board layout and components engineering for analog and digital circuits, power electronics, high speed digital interfaces, FPGA and DSPs.
The Components Engineer is responsible for reviewing and interpreting electronics requirements - technical, programmatic and components related - and assess the level of effort required to fulfill them both in terms of time and material from an electronics packaging and components perspective. This position is also responsible for contributing to sales proposal efforts, prototype development and other New Product Introduction (NPI) activities culminating in the transition of new products into production.
Product / Project Life Cycle Engineering
* Develops and maintains electronic components & layout databases and implement specific designs for company components and systems.
* Develops and validates electronics packaging concepts and circuit board layouts.
* Works to ensure component databases are maintained and meet all relevant internal, industry and government standards for new designs.
* Works with obsolescence management focal to help address component issues for design
* Supports electrical/electronics design activities as a member of technical staff.
* Understands manufacturing and overall design trade-offs (practical, realizable implementation of designs).
* Participates as a member of a cross-functional project team including: software engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, program managers, technicians, and sales/customer support staff.
* Supports product improvement/cost reduction initiatives.
* Performs and/or coordinates design entry and analyses using Altium®, OrCad®, HyperLynx®, Pspice®, LTSpice® etc.
* Development of new concepts and propose solutions
* Understanding of manufacturing and design trade-offs (practical implementation of designs)
* Development and validation of performance models
* Support cost proposal activity including manufacturing and design cost assessment
* Lead development efforts for customer funded projects as well as IR&D projects Perform and coordinate design analysis using ANSYS, Matlab, and other CAE tools
* Prepare and maintain project schedules and perform other project management tasks as required
* Support production lean manufacturing and product improvement initiatives
* Technical versatility in electronics packaging design and electronics hardware/software integration
* Knowledge of circuit boards IPC standards such as IPC2615, IPC2612, IPC2221, IPC2223, IPC7351B, IPC4101, IPC4202/3/4, IPC6011/12/13 etc.
* Knowledge of component industry standards such as IPC9592B, IEC TS 62239-1
* Efficiently executes design and/or proposal analyses using Altium®, Pspice® (or other computer-aided engineering/simulation tools)
* Action-oriented, exceeding customer expectations in responsiveness, thoroughness, and attention to detail
* Accepts and positively responds to constructive criticism to improve personal and project performance
* Customer centric attitude
* Excellent presentation skills and presentation preparation (design reviews, marketing presentations, etc)
* Ability to lead effectively in a cross functional team environment
* Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, across functional areas
* Drives for results; action oriented
* Continuously improves in all aspects
Education & Experience
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an aerospace engineering and manufacturing environment required, 5+ years experience preferred
* BS Engineering or other applicable field required
* New product development experience required
* Solid understanding of aerospace and defense markets and requirements preferred
* Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available
* Must be able to work on U.S. government programs and/or obtain security clearance in the future
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by date of hire and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law.