Description of Duties:
- Perform all duties of an AE I and II.
- Independently and/or in a team environment:
- Identify and quantify design drivers
- Perform research and development related to assigned projects
- Develop engineering designs of components, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and subsystems
- Formulate and perform trade studies
- Collect, organize, maintain, and reduce data
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures
- Generate formal documentation such as technical memorandums, analysis reports, design and development books, or product manuals
- Integrate your designs and data products with those developed by other team members
- Ideally, but not required, lead a 2-5 person team and execute a small independent project or a small project that is part of a larger program while achieving the technical scope on budget and on schedule
- Interface with customers and suppliers to present technical and programmatic progress and as well as challenges that must be overcome
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with spacecraft, spacesuits, aircraft, military, or habitat environmental control and life support systems, subsystems, assemblies, and/or components.
- Knowledge and experience with the engineering product life-cycle, ranging from requirements development through design, manufacture, test, and operations.
- Knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles and procedures to develop practical and tailored engineering solutions.
- Ideally, but not required, knowledge of, and skills in, CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks, and Product Data Management tools such as Windchill, or SolidWorks PDM
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor
- Ability to evaluate Junior Engineer's designs and concepts and provide expert advice that will enhance the resulting designs
- Ability and proficiency in job-required software applications
- Ideally, but not required, ability to serve as project manager on projects with well-defined scope and objectives
- Ideally, but not required, skills in project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to train junior engineers in their duties
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 5-8 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 4-6 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 2-4 years with system and /or hardware design experience in the aerospace industry.
- US Citizen
Job Status: Full Time